We discuss the power of negotiation for women in the tech industry and hear what Jama’s experience has taught her regarding negotiation tactics and techniques for women in a male-dominated industry.
As indicated by Jama:
negotiation is a skill…and that skill has no gender.
Jama emphasized that women should keep two things in mind when negotiating at work:
1. never present two offers.
2. go for the highest…never undermine yourselves.
And finally, women should learn to put themselves first and prioritize themselves.
Jama indicated that women should not be afraid to ask again if negotiations don’t go well the first time.
don’t “be embarrassed, if the answer is no” just ask again.
- COVID-19 and The Effects on Women In The Workforce - August 9, 2021
- Founder Humaira Ahmed Details Locelle’s Transformation Via VAP - August 9, 2021
- Canadian Women Moving the Needle on Gender Diversity - July 19, 2021